Updated: 7 hours ago
The news is full of hygiene reminders to help prevent contracting and spreading the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as other flu viruses. We are all trying to do our part to stay safe and ensure we aren't inadvertently spreading the virus through cross-contamination to ourselves and others.
These hygiene tips include but aren't limited to:
1. Wash your hands much more frequently and more thoroughly with soap, as soap is very effective in removing germs.
2. Avoid putting your hands to your face
3. Avoid handshakes and practice social-distancing
4. Cover your mouth with the inside crook of your elbow when you cough or sneeze aka the "vampire cough" and preferably wear a mask, bandanna or scarf over your face in public.
5. Clean frequently-touched surfaces more often including doorknobs, handrails, counter tops, tablets, keyboards and of course, don't forget to clean your cell phone.
Tips to Keep Your Cell Phone Germ-Free
It's really basic but just a good reminder to simply wipe down your phone much more frequently. Most phone manufacturers recommend using a soft, microfiber cloth to avoid scratching your phone but paper towels or paper napkins work well too. No special products are needed just any typical anti-bacterial agent such as hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or a typical household kitchen/bathroom disinfectant spray.
Cell Phone Disinfecting Steps:
1. First, wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
2. Take your phone case off.
3. Spray a small amount of the disinfectant on a clean cloth or paper towel. DO NOT spray any products directly on your phone as you will likely damage your phone.
4. Wipe down your phone with firm but gentle pressure.
5. Then slightly dampen with water a clean part of the cloth or second paper towel and wipe down your phone again. In both steps, be sure to avoid getting any moisture in the ports.
6. Repeat this two-step cleaning process with your phone case.
7. When you're done be sure to wash your hands again.
If you used a cloth, wash the cloth in hot water preferably in the hot water cycle on a washing machine. If you use a paper towel be sure to throw it away so it doesn't get touched again.
During this crisis, try to avoid using your cell phone with unwashed hands particularly when out in public. MyPhonePouch is a great solution to carry your phone hands-free accessible on your hip to avoid handling it until you can wash your hands. If your hands are thoroughly washed before handling your phone, then your phone will remain germ-free for longer. Everyone please be safe and we will get through this.
Reminder Tips to Wash Your MyPhonePouch
MyPhonePouch is machine washable and dryable but you must remove the counter-weight before washing or it will tear up your pouch. Be sure replace the weight promptly after drying as the pouch doesn’t work without it. We recommend cold or cool water to wash and low heat to dry or air dry. No bleach. No ironing.
Like most garments, the pouch will stretch some with use and shrink up a bit after washing and drying. To avoid the pouch shrinking, wash in cold water and let it air dry in a warm location, occasionally stretching the pouch and putting your phone in it to help maintain your preferred shape and size.
Please be safe and we will get through these difficult times.